Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gritsenko <vg...@acm.org> on 2001/03/27 03:33:35 UTC

'socket write error - connection was reset by peer', servlet is invoked twice, though requested once

My servlet takes HTTPRequest and collects data in set of nested JavaBean
Value Objects using reflection,
then it takes nested Value Object and produces JDOM XML using reflection,
then it invokes Cocoon 1.8.2 engine to handle my Request with XML String and
my Response.

Explorer 5 shows PDF with no visible problem,
but I can see a message in JVM console:
'socket write error - connection was reset by peer'.

When tested from behind a firewall and with rather strong IExplorer security
settings, I notice that my servlet is invoked once, then JVM console tells
that PDF is rendered successfully, but browser does not receive it, and
suddenly Servlet is invoked second time.

What can that mean?

Netscape 4.5 doesn't even show HTML page, but that's because it has 3 levels
of nesting tables to show hierarchy.

If you have other version of NEtscape than 4.51, can you see the following,
if yes, does hit on Print button result in PDF?

http://cr723247-a.slnt1.on.wave.home.com:8080/jawebo/opano/view_update.jsp

Viktor Gritsenko