Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/03/18 02:51:43 UTC

Axis 1.0 ==> Axis 1.1 Regression

I'm running up against a regression problem from 1.0 to 1.1.

Given the following class:

  package test.hello;
  import org.w3c.dom.Document;
  import org.w3c.dom.Element;
  public class Test {
    public Element getDocument() {
      return null;
    }
    public Document getElement() {
      return null;
    }
  }

Axis 1.0 Java2WSDL would properly emit a WSDL document that mapped the
Document object to an anyType element.  In Axis 1.1 an exception [1] is
thrown by the WSDL4J code because of a missing namespace declaration.
Looking at the Java2WSDL output from Axis 1.0 [2], and the namespace
declaration is present.

I've looked through the code and because of the disturbingly high number
of changes that have been made to the
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter class, I cannot isolate the specific
change that is causing the regression.

Can someone who understands this code a lot more than I do take a look. As
this is a regression from 1.0 that could potentially impact existing
applications a good deal, this needs to be resolved before we release 1.1.

[1]
WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
'http://dom.w3c.org'. Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition
object using the  addNamespace(...) method.:
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getPrefix(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getQualifiedValue(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.printQualifiedAttribute(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printParts(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printMessages(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printDefinition(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.writeWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.getDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:267)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:334)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.run(Java2WSDL.java:504)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:542)

[2]

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (877) 511-5082 (voice/fax)   ** NEW NUMBER **
     (700) 930-1979 (t/l)                ** NEW NUMBER **
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9