Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Goetze <ch...@sensage.com> on 2006/11/07 20:57:33 UTC

How do people include version info into the build?

With this, I mean how do people ensure that the version number used in
the build is available at runtime? Do people generate a property file
with the version number and include it in the jar? Anyone have a nice
little example for this?

Thanks in advance...
--
cg <- an obvious maven2 newbie...

Re: How do people include version info into the build?

Posted by jc7442 <jc...@yahoo.fr>.
Common solution is to add a manifest. Have a look to the  maven-jar-plugin
documentation

Christian Goetze-2 wrote:

> With this, I mean how do people ensure that the version number used in
> the build is available at runtime? Do people generate a property file
> with the version number and include it in the jar? Anyone have a nice
> little example for this?
>
> Thanks in advance...
> --
> cg <- an obvious maven2 newbie...

Re: How do people include version info into the build?

Posted by Gr...@Countrywide.Com.
"Christian Goetze" <ch...@sensage.com> wrote on 11/07/2006
01:57:33 PM:

> With this, I mean how do people ensure that the version number used in
> the build is available at runtime? Do people generate a property file
> with the version number and include it in the jar? Anyone have a nice
> little example for this?

I haven't had a need to use this, but I've noticed that any jar maven
builds includes several files in the meta-inf folder including pom.xml,
pom.properties, and manifest.mf. The version number is in all three places
(though slightly different format).

-Greg Vaughn
greg_vaughn@countrywide.com

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.