Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/05 18:10:24 UTC

Exception is showing in nifi UI users page

Hi Team,

I am using nifi cluster from 1 month & i am able to add new user policies
everything.its a LDAP based user addition.
but suddenly from last 2 days , in nifi user addition page(after clicking
on users in nifi UI) i am getting Error message "An unexcepted error has
occure.please click logs for more details".
and in nifif-user.log i found the bellow log.

o.a.nifi.web.api.config.ThrowableMapper An unexpected error has occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException. Returning Internal Server Error response.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null at
org.apache.nifi.web.dao.impl.StandardPolicyBasedAuthorizerDAO.lambda$null$2(StandardPolicyBasedAuthorizerDAO.java:285)
at
java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:174)
at java.util.HashMap$KeySpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1553) at
java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481) at
java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
at
java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) at
java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)

I am not able to figuring out where should i start looking out.
Could please someone help me to look a starting point where can check and
what need to be checked.

Thanks,
Sanjeet

--
Sanjeet Kumar Rath,
mob- +91 8777577470

Re: Exception is showing in nifi UI users page

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
There is no file that contains this mapping, the users and groups are
periodically loaded from LDAP into memory on each nifi node.

The id of each user and group is a UUID that is seeded from the
corresponding name.

UUID.nameUUIDFromBytes(seed.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8)).toString();

For a group, "seed" would be the group name.

Posted by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi team,

Posted by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes Mat,