Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wong, Ken LY" <Ke...@hkcsl.com> on 2001/12/06 08:33:38 UTC

JavaBean on Tomcat 4.0

Dear all,

I'm now trying the tomcat 4.0 and want to use JavaBean, what's
the settings of it? How can I achieve in using this? As I've write
a testing program, which works fine on tomcat 3.2.3, I don't know
why it can't works on tomcat 4.0, below is the error reponse...

Generated servlet error:
C:\Program Files\Tomcat
4.0\work\localhost\firstcall\inputValidate_0005fhtml$jsp.java:221: Class
org.apache.jsp.FormBean not found.
                FormBean formHandler = null;
                ^

An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /inputValidate_html.jsp

Generated servlet error:
C:\Program Files\Tomcat
4.0\work\localhost\firstcall\inputValidate_0005fhtml$jsp.java:224: Class
org.apache.jsp.FormBean not found.
                    formHandler= (FormBean)
                                  ^

An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /inputValidate_html.jsp

Generated servlet error:
C:\Program Files\Tomcat
4.0\work\localhost\firstcall\inputValidate_0005fhtml$jsp.java:229: Class
org.apache.jsp.FormBean not found.
                            formHandler = (FormBean)
java.beans.Beans.instantiate(this.getClass().getClassLoader(), "FormBean");
                                           ^
3 errors

FormBean is the bean class that I wrritten. It seems related to
the classpath settings, but I have put the FormBean into...
webapps/app1/WEB-INF/classes/FormBean.class, why it still
doesn't work? What's wrong with it?

Thanks so much~~~

--
Best regards,

Ken

Re: JavaBean on Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Amine AMAR <a....@dns1.caciopee.com>.
I do not know exactly the reason but the solution is to explicitly import the packages of ALL the classes you are using (ex.
java.util.*)