Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2004/03/01 13:05:21 UTC

RE: Problem with TurbineAvalonComponentService

I ran across a similar problem..  To initialize only once, your component
needs to implement the ThreadSafe marker interface.  This will cause the
init to be called only once for your component when running in Excalibur.

The reason we have Excaliber only right now is that what was contributed.
There is also a MerlinComponentService as well, however it needs completion.
To be honest, I don't see why Turbine can't support multiple containers, so
that people can use what they like.

I would love to see some updated containers..  Either use Fortress, or
finish up the MerlinCompoenentService (which is where we really need to be).
It just takes someone willing to do the work (hint hint!).

My schedule is a little full right now, and I am pretty much just have time
to work on the pipeline stuff, but I will happily review and commit any
patches.

Eric