Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2005/10/05 08:56:27 UTC

Re: invalid links to xerces and xalan in download area

I don't think we should ask who updates this page because obviously
noone does. We should rather ask how to fix this and my answer would be
to remove at least all download links for subprojects which are not
under the XML PMC's supervision. Maybe the download page has to be
removed as a whole as not even the remaining XML subprojects update the
download page at [1]. I'll remove it as soon as the XML site is migrated
to Subversion. If anything we can construct a download page for XML
federation projects again later when we can automatically aggregate the
latest releases from the project descriptors currently discussed on
site-dev@.

On 05.10.2005 05:34:29 Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> I assume the download page being referred to is the one located here [1].
> I'm not sure who updates this page but the links are also broken for
> Forrest and few of the working links point to the current releases of the
> projects listed on the page.
>
> [1] http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi
>
> Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote on 10/04/2005 06:42:45 PM:
>
> > FYI
> >
> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> > > From: "Bernd Blacha" <Be...@asg.com>
> > > Date: 4 October 2005 11:54:58 BDT
> > > To: <we...@xml.apache.org>
> > > Subject: invalid links to xerces and xalan in download area
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > fyi...
> > >
> > > Your download page still refer to XERCES 2.6.2 and XALAN 2.6. Those
> > > packages are not available on the mirrors.
> > > Pls. adjust the links.
> > >
> > > Regards from Germany,
> > > BB
> > >
> > > Bernd Blacha | Senior Software Engineer
> > > bernd.blacha@asg.com <ma...@asg.com>
> > >
> > > ASG | asg.com
> > > Strassburger Strasse 34
> > > 09120 Chemnitz, Germany
> > >
> > > Tel: +49 (0) 371 52302 58
> > > Fax: +49 (0) 371 52302 11
> > > The premier source for understanding,
> > > managing, and extending existing systems
> > >

> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Parser Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com