Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Rob Cartier (Apollo)" <rc...@apollo.homeip.net> on 2001/07/11 16:37:23 UTC

using SCCS

I am trying to use sccs from within ant but am having a tough go off it
Has anybody succesfully put together a build file for ant.

I tried exec but didn't get very far

I was trying to just do a simple get from a sccs directory

Re: using SCCS

Posted by Michael Saunders <mi...@amtec.com>.
Rob,

There are several version control taskdefs written for ant and are part of
optional.jar - I don't know if SCCS one of them however. Anyway, you should be
able to dup the Visual SourceSafe taskdef for getting files and create your own
taskdef for SCCS which would be a lot nicer than trying to use the exec taskdef
(although that should work for you as well).

Michael

Re: using SCCS

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
"Rob Cartier (Apollo)" wrote:

> I am trying to use sccs from within ant but am having a tough go off it
> Has anybody succesfully put together a build file for ant.
>
> I tried exec but didn't get very far
>
> I was trying to just do a simple get from a sccs directory

I haven't used sccs directly.  We use bitkeeper (http://www.bitkeeper.com
- very sweet, you should check it out) , which uses sccs under the
covers.  I haven't had any problems useing exec with bk - I really should
get around to writing some wrapper tasks...

As far as the SCCS directories go, I added them to the default excludes
list in the current CVS / nightlies so the javac task doesn't go nuts.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.