Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mike Summers <mi...@miscanthus.net> on 2008/10/07 03:06:46 UTC

Change a file's repository path?

Is there anyway to change a file's repository path?

I have two repositories and due to a stray soft link a couple of files are pointed at the wrong repository.

Thanks-- Mike

Re: Change a file's repository path?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 7, 2008, at 19:52, Mike Summers wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote

>> couple of

>> revision
>> they're in

>> localhost/
>> svn://

>> /bar/
>> soft

>> foo's

>> like
>> check
>> >
>> > There are only two files under foo that are affected, the other 480
>> > files in foo behave just fine.
>>
>> Run "svn info" in the directories of the affected files. Does the
>> repository URL reflect repository foo or repository bar?

> Foo's url.
>
> If I do a commit all but two of the files head for foo's trunk...
> just these two head for bar's trunk. Always the same two.

That surprises me, but I can still only suggest to check out a new
working copy.

Re: Change a file's repository path?

Posted by Mike Summers <nu...@yahoo.com>.
Foo's url.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Mike Summers <nu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Mike Summers <Mi...@miscanthus.net>.
<head>
</head>
/x/y/z.source, repository path svn://localhost/opt/foo/trunk<br>
Project bar, file /a/b/c/link.to.z.source, repository path
svn://localhost/opt/bar/trunk<br>
When I commit foo, it tells me it's going to save z.source as
/bar/trunk/a/b/c/z.source... I'm assuming this is due to the stray soft
link in bar that was at some point committed.<br>
What I'd like to do is get z.source committed in project foo's trunk.<br>
Ryan Schmidt wrote:
 cite="mid:B5359709-AC42-413F-82BC-258C036C1F70@ryandesign.com"
 type="cite"><br>
On Oct 6, 2008, at 22:06, Mike Summers wrote:
path?
I have two repositories and due to a stray soft link a couple of files
are pointed at the wrong repository.
Can you elaborate on the problem? Are we talking about files within the
repository directory, such as the revision and revision property files
in db/revs and db/revprops, or what? If they're in the wrong place,
just move them to the right place, although I don't see how the got to
the wrong place initially.

Re: Change a file's repository path?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 6, 2008, at 22:06, Mike Summers wrote:

> Is there anyway to change a file's repository path?
>
> I have two repositories and due to a stray soft link a couple of
> files are pointed at the wrong repository.

Can you elaborate on the problem? Are we talking about files within
the repository directory, such as the revision and revision property
files in db/revs and db/revprops, or what? If they're in the wrong
place, just move them to the right place, although I don't see how
the got to the wrong place initially.