Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by St...@compeople.de on 2004/05/27 10:04:22 UTC

SymbolSources ordering

In HiveMind alpha 4 it was possible to define a symbol source that
was ordered after the hivemind.FactoryDefaults. This is now no
longer possible because FactoryDefaults is defined with after="*".
Why not define FactoryDefaults with after="hivemind.ApplicationDefaults"
so that it would be possible to define a own SymbolSource that is after
the FactoryDefaults.
For testing I have used a SymbolSource that radically failed when a
symbol could not be resolved. With that it was easier to track down
programming/configuration errors.

Current Contribution is:

 contribution (configuration-id=SymbolSources)
 {
  source (name=hivemind.ApplicationDefaults
  service-id=ApplicationDefaultsSymbolSource)
  source (name=hivemind.FactoryDefaults after="*"
  service-id=FactoryDefaultsSymbolSource)
 }

Stefan Liebig
compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt

fon: +49 (69) 272218 - 0
fax: +49 (69) 272218 - 22
 email: stefan.liebig@compeople.de
home: www.compeople.de

RE: SymbolSources ordering

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
That's a reasonable suggestion.  HiveMind does have bug tracking, and I'm less likely to forget
these things if it goes into the bug tracker.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry