Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Tammy Martin <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/11 03:52:19 UTC

does axis2_svc_client_send_receive method free the payload?

Hello all,

I am creating a xml payload via AXIOM and am using the method
axis2_svc_client_send_receive to access a webservice.

axiom_node_t* retNode = axis2_svc_client_send_receive(svcClient, env,
payload);

I have two questions:

1. Does the axis2_svc_client_send_receive have ownership of the payload ptr
and does it free it -OR- is it up to the user of this method to free the
payload?
2. Is there documentation somewhere that outlines what methods have
ownership of which pointers?

Thanks for your help,
Tammy

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tammy

Re: does axis2_svc_client_send_receive method free the payload?

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 18:52 -0700, Tammy Martin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am creating a xml payload via AXIOM and am using the method
> axis2_svc_client_send_receive to access a webservice.
>
> axiom_node_t* retNode = axis2_svc_client_send_receive(svcClient, env,
> payload);
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Does the axis2_svc_client_send_receive have ownership of the
> payload ptr and does it free it -OR- is it up to the user of this
> method to free the payload?

This payload will be attached to the om_tree inside Axis2/C and it will
take the ownership. User don't need to free it.

> 2. Is there documentation somewhere that outlines what methods have
> ownership of which pointers?
There are no such documents but you can have a look at the sample code
inside samples directory. And [1] and [2] may also be helpful.

[1] http://wso2.org/library/3412

[2] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/om_tutorial.html

-Manjula