Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by �yvind Habberstad <oy...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/09 08:52:01 UTC

Error deploying services when loosening xsi:type requirment!

Hi,

I'm trying to make Apache SOAP work without the xsi:type attribute being
present. I have followed the description made by Sanjiva in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=97901982213396&w=2 .

I have made it work with the AddressBook example, BUT I have some problems
deploying the service using the new SoapEncUtil.class

After comment out the statement on line 140 from
org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.SoapEncUtils and making a new SOAP.jar I
cannot deploy any services because of the following error:

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':descriptor' using
encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

What I have to do is to use the "old" SOAP.jar file while deploy the
service, and then use the "new" SOAP.jar file when running the Address
example. It’s a bit annoying having to change back and forth between the two
SOAP.jar files.

Has anyone experienced the same problem, or can someone confirm that they
have removed line 140 in SoapEncUtils.java and still been able to deploy
services ?

PS. I'm using this statement to deploy the service:
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Oyvind .

Re: Error deploying services when loosening xsi:type requirment!

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@webgiro.com>.
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, �yvind Habberstad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make Apache SOAP work without the xsi:type attribute being
> present. I have followed the description made by Sanjiva in
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=97901982213396&w=2 .
>
> I have made it work with the AddressBook example, BUT I have some problems
> deploying the service using the new SoapEncUtil.class
>
> After comment out the statement on line 140 from
> org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.SoapEncUtils and making a new SOAP.jar I
> cannot deploy any services because of the following error:
>
> Ouch, the call failed:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
>   Fault String = No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':descriptor' using
> encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
>
> What I have to do is to use the "old" SOAP.jar file while deploy the
> service, and then use the "new" SOAP.jar file when running the Address
> example. It�s a bit annoying having to change back and forth between the two
> SOAP.jar files.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same problem, or can someone confirm that they
> have removed line 140 in SoapEncUtils.java and still been able to deploy
> services ?

Yes, I have experienced exactly the same problems. They way to solve them
is to define all types and serializers for DeploymentDescriptor. But I
have to admit that I never tried this step... I shied away and used the
JSP-based deployment tool (which still worked).

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <ab...@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----