Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nuno Leitao <nu...@scaletrix.com> on 2007/07/30 17:22:10 UTC

MoreLikeThis handler and field collapsing.

Hi,

I have a 1.3 Solr with the field collapsing patch (SOLR-236 - http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236).

Collapsing works great, but only using the dismax and standard query
handler - I haven't managed to get it to work using the MoreLikeThis
handler though - I am going for a simplistic approach where I just
run a query such as:

/mlt?start=0&rows=3&collapse.field=collapsefield&collapse.type=normal

Looking at the SOLR-236 patch it seems the field collapsing has only
been patched into the StandardRequestHandler and the
DisMaxRequestHandler, which would explain why this fails to work
completely, but perhaps someone has found another way ?

Regards.

--Nuno

Re: MoreLikeThis handler and field collapsing.

Posted by kordi <ko...@googlemail.com>.
Could you please describe me your solution, for the topic. Thanks

Re: MoreLikeThis handler and field collapsing.

Posted by Pieter Berkel <pi...@gmail.com>.
What exactly are you trying to achieve by using the MoreLikeThis handler?  I
created a patch that adds MoreLikeThis functionality (available in the
Standard request handler) to the Dismax handler in
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-295> which may be of interest
(although unfortunately not quite the same as what you requested).

As far as I'm aware, there is no real need for MoreLikeThis to be a
standalone request handler in its own right (and to be honest the current
implemetation feels a bit clumsy), rather it should be incorporated as a
"plugin" or search component in the Standard and Dismax handlers (like the
way Facets, Highlighting and Collapsing currently are implemented), which is
what Ryan is trying to achieve with SOLR-281.  I'm hoping the "search
component" idea will gain traction and support soon as I'd really like so
see the Dismax request handler support MoreLikeThis functionality soon! (but
I digress...)

cheers,
Piete

Posted by Nuno Leitao <nu...@scaletrix.com>.