Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Choteau <jb...@yahoo.fr> on 2010/09/02 09:09:08 UTC

Re : Proxy chain

Oleg,

Thank you for your answer. As the topic is from 2007 I wanted to be sure that no
change has occured.
Do you know any way to get in touch with people having developped it for
themselves?

Best regards

M.CHOTEAU Jean-Baptiste

________________________________
De : Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
À : HttpClient User Discussion <ht...@hc.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Mer 1 septembre 2010, 21h 50min 38s
Objet : Re: Proxy chain

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 14:34 +0000, Jean-Baptiste Choteau wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have read the various topics about this subjects and I know that there
>already
>
> have been such topics for the
>
> Release 3 and 4.0. I would know if there is any improvement in the 4.1 release.
>
> I want to connect to a target passing through
> 2 proxies which does not need any authentification.
> Does the DefaultRequestDirector.createTunnelToProxy have been created yet is it
>
> possible to get in touch with people who have done this improvement ?
>
> Best regards.
>
> JB
>
> M.CHOTEAU Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste

There are currently no plans to provide full support for proxy chaining.
For details see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-649

Please note Roland is no longer involved in HttpClient development.

Oleg

Re: Re : Proxy chain

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 00:09 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Choteau wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> Thank you for your answer. As the topic is from 2007 I wanted to be sure that no
> change has occured.
> Do you know any way to get in touch with people having developped it for
> themselves?
>
> Best regards
>
> M.CHOTEAU Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste

I am not aware of any open-source implementation of such feature. The
proxy chaining is mostly relevant for complex corporate networks and
corporate folks do not seem too keen to share.

Oleg