Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rodrigo Pereira <ro...@f24.com> on 2011/11/02 13:57:14 UTC

StatelessPage & Ajax

Hi,
I am new to wicket and I am facing some issues with stateless page and ajax.
When I open 2 tabs with stateless pages,  i got page expired exception
after making any ajax request on the 1st, while the 2nd tab keeps ok.
It seems like these 2 pages is never serialized, which seems to be
correct, however I can only see 1 entry in my sessionCahe. It seems like
it is only keeping the last accessed page in there, is it correct? Is
there a way to tell wicket to keep the last XX pages in the sessionCache?

Regards,
Rodrigo Pereira

Re: StatelessPage & Ajax

Posted by Rodrigo Pereira <ro...@f24.com>.
If it does not store my page anywhere, how does it know which object to
update? I mean, i pass in the object used on this page as modal....

Re: StatelessPage & Ajax

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Rodrigo Pereira <ro...@f24.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> no, I don't use it.... should I?

Yes.
Wicket's default Ajax components/behaviors are stateful. I.e. the page
is also stateful and should be stored but for some reason it seems it
is not ...

> I have some AjaxEditableLabel on that page, so during onSubmit I update the
> DB and show the new value for that field. Is it possible to look for the
> page due to this update?
>
> Regards,
> Rodrigo Pereira
>
> On 11/02/2011 03:26 PM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>
>> Do you use jolira's stateless components ?
>> Because for stateless Ajax a new page instance is created for each
>> request. I'm not sure why Wicket tries to find the old page. Maybe the
>> page is not stateless after all.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Rodrigo Pereira<ro...@f24.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> It seems like that it is still only keeping 1 entry in my sessionCache,
>>> eventhough I added the following in my MyApp.init()
>>>
>>> super.init();
>>>
>>> setPageManagerProvider( new DefaultPageManagerProvider( this ) {
>>>
>>>   @Override
>>>   protected IDataStore newDataStore() {
>>>
>>>         return new HttpSessionDataStore( getPageManagerContext(), new
>>> PageNumberEvictionStrategy( 20 ) );
>>>   }
>>> } );
>>>
>>> Is that all?