Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/13 10:05:50 UTC

Management Server - migrating or adding additional servers

Hello CloudStack users,

Currently I am running a single management server (4.16.1.0) setup on Ubuntu servers. Both the management server and the database (mysql-server - 5.7.35-0ubuntu0.18.04.1) are running on the same physical server. We've had this CloudStack setup for around 10 years. We are planning to decommission the physical server and thus I am looking at one of the following scenarios:

1. Adding a second management server with the second database server. Once this is done we would decommission the first management and database server.
2. Migrating the management server and the database to a new server and adding the second management and database server for HA/redundancy.

In an ideal scenario, I would like to decommission the current server and have two management and database servers.

I have been looking at documentation for acs 4.16 and I don't really see any notes or information on how to migrate the management server or how to add the second management server with the second database server to an existing CloudStack setup with running networks, vms, etc. The guides are mainly focused on setting up the new management server(s).

Could someone from the community share with me the correct process of adding additional database and management servers to an existing setup and/or migrating the management/database servers to a new physical server?

Many thanks

Andrei