Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 21:06:29 UTC

Spark 1.2 feature freeze on November 1

Hey All,

Just a reminder that as planned [1] we'll go into a feature freeze on
November 1. On that date I'll cut a 1.2 release branch and make the
up-or-down call on any patches that go into that branch, along with
individual committers.

It is common for us to receive a very large volume of patches near the
deadline. The highest priority will be fixes and features that are in
review and were submitted earlier in the window. As a heads up, new
feature patches that are submitted in the next week have a good chance
of being pushed after 1.2.

During this coming weeks, I'd like to invite the community to help
with code review, testing patches, helping isolate bugs, our test
infra, etc. In past releases, community participation has helped
increase our ability to merge patches substantially. Individuals
really can make a huge difference here!

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Wiki+Homepage

- Patrick