Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by braus <s....@gaston-schul.com> on 2020/04/22 10:20:18 UTC

Karaf Cellar getting the HazelCastInstance

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get the HazelCastInstance on a karaf installation where I
installed cellar.
I try to get the HazelCastInstance like:

            BundleContext bc =
FrameworkUtil.getBundle(thisclass.class).getBundleContext();
            ServiceReference<HazelcastInstance> sr =
bc.getServiceReference(HazelcastInstance.class);
            HazelcastInstance hci = bc.getService(sr);

Unfortunately the service reference is null. I have two karaf's running
which are connected to one another. Does anyone have an idea on how to get
the HazelCastInstance?

Re: Karaf Cellar getting the HazelCastInstance

Posted by braus <s....@gaston-schul.com>.
I made a mistake in that the application was running before Hazelcast..
I fixed it by waiting now. In the future I'll use blueprint to wait instead.

Thanks for helping out!

Re: Karaf Cellar getting the HazelCastInstance

Posted by braus <s....@gaston-schul.com>.
Thanks for replying JB,

I followed your instructions and it's there:

karaf@root()> la | grep -i hazelcast
 45 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.12.6             │ hazelcast
 65 │ Active   │  80 │ 4.1.3              │ Apache Karaf :: Cellar ::
Hazelcast
 98 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.5.3              │ Apache Shiro :: Support ::
Hazelcast
karaf@root()> bundle:services 65

Apache Karaf :: Cellar :: Hazelcast (65) provides:
[org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService]
[com.hazelcast.core.HazelcastInstance]
[org.apache.karaf.cellar.core.ClusterManager]

The only difference that I see is that I'm using a different hazelcast
(hazelcast-all) version (I need a higher).

Re: Karaf Cellar getting the HazelCastInstance

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Can you check that hazelcast and cellar hazelcast bundles are started ?

karaf@root()> la|grep -i hazelcast
107 x Active   x  80 x 3.9.1                 x hazelcast
114 x Active   x  80 x 4.1.3                 x Apache Karaf :: Cellar :: Hazelcast

I can see the HazelcastInstance available in the service registry provided by Cellar Instance bundle:

bundle:services 114

Apache Karaf :: Cellar :: Hazelcast (114) provides:
[com.hazelcast.core.HazelcastInstance]

Regards
JB