Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Leon Oosterwijk <le...@daveramsey.com> on 2006/09/01 18:29:51 UTC

RE: Changing the svn:author in a subversion dumpfile

All,

I didn't know about svndumptool.py. It looks very useful. Would you
consider sharing the changes you made to swap authors?

> Regardless, were you aware that you can change the author
> once the repository is loaded?
>
> svn propset -R n svn:author leon url://server/repos

I thought about doing it this way, but wasn't sure of a good way to get
all the revisions made by one author. I suppose I could loop over all
revisions and check the author. If it is one I need to change, then
issue the propset.

Thanks,

Leon

Re: Changing the svn:author in a subversion dumpfile

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/1/06, Leon Oosterwijk <le...@daveramsey.com> wrote:
> All,

Sure thing.  It's attached to this email.  The diff is against
svndumptool.py's svn trunk, I'm not sure if it'll apply cleanly or
not, but it should give you a good idea to start from.  The main
reason I haven't sent it to the author is I haven't come up with a
good UI, I just tweak the dictionary in tools.py whenever I need to do
it again.

-garrett