Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Alexey V. Meledin" <av...@webclub.ru> on 2000/04/08 13:30:25 UTC

*.jsp mapping to tomcat. Where is the decision?

Hi,
 tomcat-developers!

Sorry for writing to this list, but problem is special, I thing that
tomcat-users can't answer.

I have FreeBSD 3.3., Apache 1.3.12, DSO=max, mod_charset.so,
mod_php3.so + many standart modules loaded in. Tomcat 3.1. beta1

Additionaly I have mod_jserv.so v1.1.BETA 3, compiled from FreeBSD
ports collection. I need that, because tomcat 2 weeks ago was not
compatible with ApJ1.2. protocol from lastest mod_jserv 1.1. final
release.

1. Does situation changed?
2. How many differences are in mod_jserv binary provided from
jakarta.apache.org and mod_jserv beta 3, provided from
java.apache.org?
I ask this question because:
2.1. I can't mount context "context_name", like:
2.1.1. ApjServMount /any_name /context_name
(Minimalistic Users Guide allows such mappings)
I can only mount like this:
2.1.2. ApjServMount /context_name/(uri_map || valid_path || NONE) /context_name
(servlet specification allows only this way. But does mod_jserv binary
from jakarta.apache.org rewrites in chapter 2.1.1(see above)
"any_name" URI to /context_name via Apj1.2. protocol?)

3. Minimalistic Users Guide said to me, that I can use the following
sheme:
Alias /examples /usr/local/jakarta3.1s/build/tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta3.1s/build/tomcat/webapps/examples" >
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AddType test/jsp .jsp
    AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
</Directory>
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/>
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<LocationMatch /examples/*.jsp>
    SetHandler jserv-servlet
</LocationMatch>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples #(6)
#(6) only works, when I requesing servlets via /examples/servlet
uri-mappings.

jserv-servlet handler doesn't work at all! :(
1. I've got "Segmentation Fault" in error_log requesting
http://host/examples/jsp

JSP examples works only when I pass all requests to
http://host/examples/jsp, making additional
ApjServMount /examples/jsp /examples

I've tried to analize mod_jserv.c, but it hard to make it quickly.

4. Can anyone give me the source of mod_jserv.so module situated at
jakarta.apache.org?

If I'm a stupid, then help me, please :(

Alexey V. Meledin <av...@webclub.ru>
New: http://www.crossroad.ru; http://www.garoway.com

Strange Ant error...

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
I keep getting a strange error from Ant on Solaris...

Error chmodjava.io.IOException: Not enough space

Now I know there is enough space... I guess something is wrong with the
chmod taskdef?

- Brill Pappin