Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Surya Bob <sb...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/22 00:10:01 UTC

Help needed HTTP response header

Hi all,
  I am trying to tighten up our Apache and Tomcat implementation. I want
to suppress server type and version to make fingerprinting harder.

  HTTP response header

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 17:49:51 GMT
Server: XXXXXXX
Set-Cookie2: JSESSIONID=naa2in3fj1;Version=1;Discard;Path="/"
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=naa2in3fj1;Path=/
Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.3 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java

  How can i hide the server information.it would be great if someone can Help me in this

  Thanks
  Sbob.

Re: Help needed HTTP response header

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Surya Bob wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I am trying to tighten up our Apache and Tomcat implementation. I want
> to suppress server type and version to make fingerprinting harder.

This question belongs on the users list. Please repost it there.

Mark