Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Srivani Ausula <Sr...@Sun.COM> on 2006/04/27 08:44:06 UTC

Axis and Tomcat - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi there,

In my webapplication axis is used to connect webservices. If the
axis.jar is in WEB-INF/lib I can reload my app and everything is fine.
But when I moved axis.jar to CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib to shrink the size
of my war file I get a NullPointerException (stack trace follows) when
the
application has been reloaded and I try to connect to a service. The
application runs fine until I try to connect to a webservice. What could
be the reason for this?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResources(WebappClassLo
ader.java:956)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:1015)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.getResources(JDK12Hooks.java
:150)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.getNextResourc
es(DiscoverResources.java:153)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.getNextResourc
e(DiscoverResources.java:129)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.hasNext(Discov
erResources.java:116)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.getNex
tClassNames(DiscoverNamesInFile.java:
186)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.getNex
tClassName(DiscoverNamesInFile.java:1
70)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.hasNex
t(DiscoverNamesInFile.java:157)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.NameDiscoverers$1.getNextIte
rator(NameDiscoverers.java:143)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.NameDiscoverers$1.hasNext(Na
meDiscoverers.java:126)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.classes.ResourceClassDiscoverImpl$
1.getNextResource(ResourceClassDiscov
erImpl.java:159)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.classes.ResourceClassDiscoverImpl$
1.hasNext(ResourceClassDiscoverImpl.j
ava:147)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(Eng
ineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:12
0)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactor
y(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.ja
va:113)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactor
y(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.ja
va:160)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getEngineConfiguration(Service.java:812)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:103)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:112)
        at

RE: Axis and Tomcat - java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted by Srivani Ausula <Sr...@Sun.COM>.
Assuming the problem could be at common-discovery I posted here. Getting some pointers from tomcat-users-list but the issue is not yet resolved.If I am able to solve the problem I would definitely post the solution.

Thanks,
A Srivani.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.