Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ba...@consignia.com on 2001/12/04 14:22:00 UTC

Connection reset by peer error

Hi,

We are using Apache SOAP v2.2 running on Solaris 2.8 to connect to a Microsoft
SOAP server
(running Windows 2000, IIS 5.0 and MS SOAP Toolkit SP2).

Most requests are going through fine but many are encountering a 'Connection
reset by peer' exception as follows:

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Connection reset by peer:
Connection reset by peer; targetException=java.net.SocketException: Connection
reset by peer: Connection reset by peer

Can anyone make any suggestions as to why this is happening or what avenues to
explore?

Thanks.

Roop.

This  email  and any attachments are confidential and intended for the addressee
only.   If  you  are  not  the  named  recipient,  you  must  not use, disclose,
reproduce,  copy  or distribute the contents of this communication.  If you have
received  this  in  error,  please contact the sender and then delete this email
from your system.

Re: Connection reset by peer error

Posted by Joe Ryan <jo...@engitech.ie>.
Hi,

I have a similar problem to this but with a different environment.

Accessing SOAP services v2.2 running on Linux on WepSphere AppServer, these
services being accessed by IBM HTTP Server (Apache) running on a Windows
2000 server machine.

The http connection seems to be very temperamental - most SOAP calls work
fine but a lot don't. I either get the same exception mentioned below
'Connection
 reset by peer' or else malformed XML returned presumably because the
connection has been interrupted I'm guessing. But other times the same call
will work fine.

Any ideas appreciated,
Joe.

RE: Business Case for using SOAP

Posted by Tim Bertrand <ti...@capeclear.com>.
Roger,

Here is an article on the current state of SOAP that might help you out
(covers SOAP with Attachments, SOAP & EAI, etc.):

http://www.webservices.org/article.php?sid=376&mode=&order=0

Best regards, - Tim Bertrand