Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by callagc4 <ca...@fineos.com> on 2009/06/22 18:15:01 UTC

SAXParseException on Linux

Hi,

We have been running our web services for quite some time now using Axis2 on
a Windows OS.
Recently we attempted to run the services on a Linux OS and have been
receiving a very generic error. An exception is being thrown during the
creation of an XML Schema object. I have been unable to setup debugging for
xerces correctly and as a result i am none the wiser as to why this
exception is being thrown.

Has anyone seen any problems like this on a Linux OS, which run fine on
Windows?

Thanks,
Cathal

p.s also any pointers on why my eclipse debugger is not picking up any line
information when debugging xerces would be helpful aswell.

The stack trace received is as follows:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name
'commontypes:FineosMoney' to a(n) 'type definition' component.
	at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.reportSchemaError(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.getGlobalDecl(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDElementTraverser.traverseNamedElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDElementTraverser.traverseLocal(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.traverseLocalElements(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.parseSchema(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
	at
com.fineos.ta.services2.validation.TaValidationHandler.getSchema(TaValidationHandler.java:227)
	at
com.fineos.ta.services2.validation.TaValidationHandler.updateUnmarshallerWithSchemaForValidation(TaValidationHandler.java:156)

Re: SAXParseException on Linux

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:15 PM, callagc4 <ca...@fineos.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been running our web services for quite some time now using Axis2
> on
> a Windows OS.
> Recently we attempted to run the services on a Linux OS and have been
> receiving a very generic error. An exception is being thrown during the
> creation of an XML Schema object. I have been unable to setup debugging for
> xerces correctly and as a result i am none the wiser as to why this
> exception is being thrown.
>
> Has anyone seen any problems like this on a Linux OS, which run fine on
> Windows?

<snip>

> 'commontypes:FineosMoney' to a(n) 'type definition' component.
>        at
> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
> Source)

Try running "dos2unix" on your schemas - you may be getting bit by Windows
type line returns.

HTH,
- R