Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@dot.state.fl.us on 2006/06/13 18:39:52 UTC

I'm a Newbie - problem with recognition of html tags

When I compile my jsp and java files, I get 9 warnings from the jsp file.
It appears not to recognize the html tags ie unknown tag (html:cancel).
What have I done wrong?  Here is the login.jsp file.

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html" prefix="html" %>

<head>
<title><bean:message key="welcome.title"/></title>

</head>

            Name
            Password
/>

Carrie Latimer
Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
Tolls Data Center
Main 561.488.5361
SC 247.5361
Fax 561.470.6615
Mobile: 561.239.6189
Nextel: 158*763*109
carrie.latimer@dot.state.fl.us

Re: I'm a Newbie - problem with recognition of html tags

Posted by Marc Farrow <ma...@gmail.com>.
Actually, it was I who suggested it.  Replace:

<%@ taglib URI="WEB-INF/struts-bean" prefix="bean">
<%@ taglib URI="WEB-INF/struts-html" prefix="bean">

with

<%@ taglib URI="WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean">
<%@ taglib URI="WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="bean">

Also,
   Make sure the TLD file is in your WEB-INF directory of your application.
Or at least make sure the TLD files  are located in the same place as
referenced by your URI tag.

On 6/13/06, carrie.latimer@dot.state.fl.us <ca...@dot.state.fl.us>
wrote:

> David, I did not understand what you meant by "Try placing the file
> extension on your URI of your taglib tag."
>

> Carrie Latimer
> Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
> Tolls Data Center
> Main 561.488.5361
> SC 247.5361
> Fax 561.470.6615
> Mobile: 561.239.6189
> Nextel: 158*763*109
> carrie.latimer@dot.state.fl.us

Marc Farrow

Re: I'm a Newbie - problem with recognition of html tags

Posted by ca...@dot.state.fl.us.

Posted by David Kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
Marc Farrow wrote:

> David,
>  Those tags are from the prefix of using teh "struts-bean" and
> "struts-html" tag libraries.  I think you just do not know (or have
> not been
> exposed) to tag libraries before.

Ok, thanks.  You're correct that I haven't dealt with that kind of thing
before.

Posted by Marc Farrow <ma...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by David Kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.