Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "H.wang" <wa...@ssl.fujitsu.com> on 2001/11/16 06:34:36 UTC

Dose xerces-c++ support shift-jis or GB encoding in the future?

I am a user of xerces-c++1.5.1.

Could you please tell me if you have any plan about supporting
Japanese/Chinese encoding in the future?

Is there any way to treat shift-jis or GB encoding XML file with
xerces-c++1.5.1?

Thank you.

--
H.wang <wa...@ssl.fujitsu.com>

Re: Dose xerces-c++ support shift-jis or GB encoding in the future?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"H.wang" <wa...@ssl.fujitsu.com> writes:

> I am a user of xerces-c++1.5.1.
>
> Could you please tell me if you have any plan about supporting
> Japanese/Chinese encoding in the future?
>
> Is there any way to treat shift-jis or GB encoding XML file with
> xerces-c++1.5.1?

You can use the open source ICU utility from IBM as a transcoder for
Xerces. It supports those encodings (I think).

jas.