Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 23:36:13 UTC

Proposed Bootstrap-based website for us (ROL-2024)

Hi team, in ROL-2024 I attached a .tar.gz file showing a proposed
Bootstrap-based website to replace our current Roller website.  This is
just a starter website, something we can build on over time (in
particular, one thing I'd like to eventually see is a Bootstrap
"carousel" of rotating screenshots, like OpenMeetings has:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/).

Please take a look at the website and let me know if this is good enough
to make live, if not, what changes you would like prior to that
happening.  Please distinguish between before-deployment changes (my
main concern here -- right now, I'm just trying to modernize our current
roller.apache.org site, so it only has to be better than that right
now), and changes that anyone can do after the site goes live.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings--the purpose of this website is to
expand Roller's usership many-fold, if you don't think this design will
accomplish it, I want to hear it.  :)

Regards,
Glen

Re: We're on Bootstrap! (Re: Proposed Bootstrap-based website for us (ROL-2024))

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Glen,

Nice work :)
I will start looking into it and see how we can improve it more futher
with carasoul included in it. If anyone have suggestion for images for
carasoul or have some images idea with them please share.

Thanks
Gaurav

Gaurav Saini
Developer and Internet Marketing

Re: We're on Bootstrap! (Re: Proposed Bootstrap-based website for us (ROL-2024))

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Very nice. - Dave

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Looks great guys!