Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2020/06/02 14:56:36 UTC

Starting 1.5.0 release process

Hi everyone,

I think we've resolved most of the issues for the 1.5.0 release, so
I'd like to start the release process
in accordance with
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release.

First of all, we have to decide which remaining issues should be fixed.
I'm seeing the following ones as blockers. Are there any issues to be included?

- BIGTOP-3236: Zeppelin smoke tests implementation
- BIGTOP-3319: Add Logstash as Bigtop component
- BIGTOP-3343: Add Debian 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 support to the Docker provisioner
- BIGTOP-3355: [Puppet] Make GPG check for repos a configuration and
default to true
- BIGTOP-3361: No libcrypt.so.1 in Fedora-31 for Arm64
- BIGTOP-3362: Unable to install spakr-python package on CentOS8 due
to lack of python package
- BIGTOP-3363: Drop Apex, Hama and Tajo in the 1.5.0 release

In addition to the above, I'm going to do the following tasks. Let me
know if I'm missing something.

- Re-run the Docker-Puppet-Trunk* and Docker-Toolchain-Trunk* Jenkins
jobs to update and push Docker images, after all docker-related issues
are resolved.
- Configure and run the packaging (Bigtop-trunk-packages) and smoke
test (Bigtop-trunk-smoke-tests) jobs on Jenkins so that we can confirm
that there's no problem
- Update support matrix for the 1.5.0 release on the wiki, just like
1.4.0 (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Overview+of+Bigtop+1.4.0+Support+Matrix)

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Re: Starting 1.5.0 release process

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
I think for the release process it's comprehensive. Let me know if you
have any questions because the whole release process is still quite manual.
We can indeed do it better with some automations.

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 於 2020年6月2日 週二 下午10:56寫道: