Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muqtadir Ansar <Mu...@gap.com> on 2004/03/17 08:23:02 UTC

HTML template loading

Hi,

If I push only HTML file (only layout change, whether its a page or
component) on a running site without restarting the web app will
tapestry will load the new templete. App server  is IBM WAS.

Thanks.
Muqtadir Ansar

Re: HTML template loading

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 17, 2004, at 2:23 AM, Muqtadir Ansar wrote:
> If I push only HTML file (only layout change, whether its a page or
> component) on a running site without restarting the web app will
> tapestry will load the new templete. App server  is IBM WAS.

Short answer: it depends.  But generally no.  Parsed pages are cached.

You can disable caching, but this generally impacts performance
dramatically and is meant for development:

	http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/
configuration.search-path.html

Erik