Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/03 08:37:26 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Set default planner for SQL Client to Blink planner in 1.10 release

Hi Jark,

+1 for default blink planner in SQL-CLI.
I believe this new planner can be put into practice in production.
We've worked hard for nearly a year, but the old planner didn't move on.

And I'd like to cc to user@flink.apache.org.
If anyone finds that blink planner has any significant defects and has a
larger regression than the old planner, please let us know. We will be very
grateful.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Set default planner for SQL Client to Blink planner in 1.10 release

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We have reached a clear consensus that the proposal is accepted.

There are 3 binding votes from:
- Timo
- Hequn
- Jark

I will make sure that this change is applied to Flink code base and
created FLINK-15495 to track this.

Best,
Jark

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 贺小令 <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 贺小令 <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhenghua Gao <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhenghua Gao <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 贺小令 <go...@gmail.com>.

Benchao Li <li...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月5日周日 下午2:42写道:

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benoît,

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benoît,

Posted by Benoît Paris <be...@centraliens-lille.org>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Set default planner for SQL Client to Blink planner in 1.10 release

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Set default planner for SQL Client to Blink planner in 1.10 release

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timo,

I have the same idea about the two step approach.
+1 to change default planner for Table API in 1.11.

Best,
Jark

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Jark,