Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Ortega, Carlos" <co...@water.ca.gov> on 2002/09/19 22:28:48 UTC

Struts 1.1B app Deployed on iPlanet 6 SP4 - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Hello,

I am currently attempting to deploy an application I've developed in Tomcat using Struts 1.1B to iPlanet 6 SP4 operating under JDK1.3.1_02 w/ the iPlanet server is running on Windows NT.

The application deploys without a problem, however when I attempt to load a JSP page I get the following error:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

The error occurs when I attempt to use the Struts tag libraries in my JSP code. I have all of the JAR files under /WEB-INF/lib and I even verified the that the LogFactoryImpl class was there. Deploying the Struts example applications had the same result.

Please HELP!

Thanks in advance,
Carlos Ortega