Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Phillip Merritt <pm...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/27 18:09:36 UTC

Cannot add portlet with JetSpeed 2.2.1 Classic Portal

Adding a portlet by editing a page fails with a fresh install of the 2.2.1
Jetspeed portal with the Classic layout. The issue is related by the
${profiledPage} variable not being set in the template. After some
investigation it appears that the code used in
webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/layout/html/columns/layout.vm is
attempting to access ${psrc.page.layout}, however the page.layout does not
exist in
components/jetspeed-portal-site/src/main/java/org/apache/jetspeed/portalsite/impl/PortalSiteRequestContextImpl.java.
Changing the template to access $psrc.getPageOrTemplate() appears to fix the
issue, however I am not sure if that is the correct fix.

Thanks,
Phillip Merritt

Re: Cannot add portlet with JetSpeed 2.2.1 Classic Portal

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
patch applied, closing issue:

-#set($profiledPage = $psrc.Page.Path)
+#set($profiledPage = $psrc.PageOrTemplate.Path)

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.