Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin McReynolds <Ju...@stellent.com> on 2004/05/03 19:46:50 UTC

startupw.exe & classpath

I'm having classpath trouble when I start Tomcat 5.0.19 with the "Start
Tomcat" shortcut that points to "C:\Tomcat50\bin\tomcatw.exe
//GT//Tomcat5"
I want to include a directory that is outside of the tomcat install dir,
e.g. "c:\mydir", but I don't know how to add that directory to the
classpath.

I can edit setclasspath.bat to include that directory, and then start
Tomcat with either "startup.bat" or "catalina.bat" and it works fine; is
there an analogous file for tomcatw.exe?

Thank you,

Justin McReynolds

Advanced Product Support Engineer  -  Stellent, Inc.  -  Office: (425)
896-7057  -  Cell: (425) 985-2425  -  justin.mcreynolds@stellent.com

Re: startupw.exe & classpath

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
:
: I can edit setclasspath.bat to include that directory, and then start
: Tomcat with either "startup.bat" or "catalina.bat" and it works fine; is
: there an analogous file for tomcatw.exe?

Is there any reason you're not putting these classes/jars in (standard)
dirs:

	{tomcat install}/common/lib
	{tomcat install}/common/classes

	{webapp context}/WEB-INF/lib