Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@db.com> on 2013/06/10 13:09:46 UTC

Re: consuming maven repository indexes [I]

Classification: For internal use only

Thanks Tamas, Olivier,

Your code examples look excellent for my requirements.  From your code,
the indexer pulls the remote index into a local cache and the queries are
performed against the local cache.  Is this correct?

thanks again,
Nathan

From:
Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>
To:
Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>,
Date:
10/06/2013 11:29
Re: consuming maven repository indexes

Take a peek here, this is a standalone example doing (I guess) exactly
what
you need:
https://github.com/cstamas/maven-indexer-examples/tree/master/indexer-example-01

Note: on nexus end, you probably want to enable "publish indexes" to make
Nx publish those for downstream consumption.

Thanks,
~t~

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Nathan Coast <na...@db.com>
wrote:

> Classification: Public
>
> Hi,
>
> Internally, we have hundreds of individual repositories and we are
> interested in reporting upon the contents of these repositories.  We can
> see nexus has already created the relevant indexes, we would like to use
> this data.  I understand maven-indexer is used to create the indexes,
> however I am interested in consuming this data.    Are there any
examples
> of code which access or expose the contents of maven repo indexes?
> Pointers to an appropriate API would be great.
>
> thanks,
> Nathan
>

> ---

you
> please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>
> Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for
> additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

---

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/6/10 Nathan Coast <na...@db.com>:
> Classification: For internal use only
>
> Thanks Tamas, Olivier,
>
> Your code examples look excellent for my requirements.  From your code,
> the indexer pulls the remote index into a local cache and the queries are
> performed against the local cache.  Is this correct?

yes.

> thanks again,
> Nathan
>

> From:
> Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>
> To:
> Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>,
> Date:
> 10/06/2013 11:29
> Re: consuming maven repository indexes
>

> Take a peek here, this is a standalone example doing (I guess) exactly
> what
> you need:
> https://github.com/cstamas/maven-indexer-examples/tree/master/indexer-example-01
>

> Note: on nexus end, you probably want to enable "publish indexes" to make
> Nx publish those for downstream consumption.
>
> Thanks,
> ~t~
>

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Nathan Coast <na...@db.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Classification: Public
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Internally, we have hundreds of individual repositories and we are
>> interested in reporting upon the contents of these repositories.  We can
>> see nexus has already created the relevant indexes, we would like to use
>> this data.  I understand maven-indexer is used to create the indexes,
>> however I am interested in consuming this data.    Are there any
> examples
>> of code which access or expose the contents of maven repo indexes?
>> Pointers to an appropriate API would be great.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Nathan
>>

>> ---
>>
>> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
> you
>> are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
>> please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
>> unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
>> e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>>
>> Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for
>> additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

> ---
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>
> Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au