Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2018/01/19 17:24:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Hi,

Update note: I've chosen to respin the Starter release with the same
version, for 2 reasons:

- it would generate confusion to skip a release
- chances of anyone depending on the staged slingstart are slim

If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll restart the release vote as Sling 11.
----

Time to release Sling 10. This year I've added all the testing
projects, to retain what was working at the time of the release and the
archetypes, to allow users to start using the new features immediately
rather than releasing them separately.

This has lead to a rather large release though.

The following artifacts, with the associated changelogs, are included
in this release

- Apache Sling Starter 10
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12340941 (13 issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing 10
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12317575 (33 issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing WAR 10
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12342164 (0 issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Integration Tests 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12341715 (0 issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Test Bundles 0.0.4 (no changelog)
- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing Fragment Bundle 2.0.14 (no changelog)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing Services 2.0.14
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12338823 (2 issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing Services WAR 2.0.14 (no changelog)

- Apache Sling Archetype Parent 5
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12333898 (2 issues)

- Apache Sling Bundle Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12333900 (2 issues)

- Apache Sling JCRInstall Bundle Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12333901 (2 issues)

- Apache Sling Initial Content Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12333902 (2 issues)

- Apache Sling Slingstart Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12340954 (2 issues)

Staging repositories:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1857
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1858

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=check_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1857 /tmp/sling-stagingsh check_staged_release.sh 1858 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours, but I'd be more than
happy to allow extensions if anyone needs more time to validate the
release.

Thanks,

Robert

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
This release is cancelled since it is affected by SLING-7421 [1].

Thanks to Radu for catching this regression and for Konrad for
assessing the impact of the release.

The plan is to drop the starter 10 release artifact and respin once we
have a new i18n release (maybe include them in the same release vote
for speed.

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421

Re: New i18n release and basename handling (was: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2))

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-01-25 at 15:07 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> Agreed, now with  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421 <h
> ttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421> resolved and the IT
> added for this as well you could go ahead with spinning a new release
> to unblock Sling 10. We defer the baseline discussion to https://issu
> es.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7429 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/
> browse/SLING-7429>.

Sounds good to me. I'm starting the release vote for the i18n bundle.

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Konrad,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
After having evaluated the impact of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421> more closely I am also voting -1 for this release.

But before spinning a new release I would like to get some more opinions on the basename handling of the i18n bundle in general (compare with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421?focusedCommentId=16335677&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16335677 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7421?focusedCommentId=16335677&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16335677>). I think most of the users might assume something else when it comes to requesting a dictionary without a basename. Right now it is not possible to explicitly request a value from a dictionary which is not having the basename property set.

Konrad

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like it isn't necessarily a showstopper - I guess Robert has to

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Karl,

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Radu,

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
-1. See

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Robert Munteanu wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 2)

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
+1 (checked signatures)

stefan