Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> on 2006/09/07 21:22:54 UTC

Unit testing transactional behaviour

I tried to change several existing unit tests to run in transacted mode and
every one of them fails. Is there a good reason for this? This is really
bad, because there is no coverage for major parts of the functionality.

Re: Unit testing transactional behaviour

Posted by Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com>.
Sorry :-) . I will sprinkle a few. Thanks.

Re: Unit testing transactional behaviour

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
vadim.. to make a test case transactional.. you have to sprinkle a few
commits here and there.
otherwise messages are never sent and the test will fail since it
usually check to see if messages were properly sent.

On 9/7/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Va...@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> I take ZeroPrefetchConsumerTest, JmsTopicRedeliverTest, etc and change every
> occurance of
>
> FROM
> connection.createSession(false, ...
> connection.createSession(true, ...
>
> and every single test case fails after that

> Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Unit testing transactional behaviour

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Please send us an example of what your doing.  We might be able to let
you know what's going wrong.