Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/07 10:49:18 UTC

How to use the TCPMonitor in tests

Hi All,
    How can I use the java TCPMonitor util when running the tests againt C++ services?
    Is there a doc on the monitor so that I could figure out how to use it?

Thanks,
Samisa...

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: How to use the TCPMonitor in tests

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.

If you mean the monitor program in ws-axis/c/tests/utils/monitor then the
usage reports.

usage: TCPMonitor <-l listen port> <-p forward port> <-h forward host> <-o
request output file> [-r response output file]
-l listen port    The port the monitor listens on for incoming requests.
i.e. the port the client should send the request to
-p forward port   The port the actual service is listening on
-h forward host   The host name of the machine the actual service is
running on
-o request file   The filename the request is written to
-r response file  Optional. The filename the response is written to

The program will listen for all requests on the listen port and write them
to a file. The program stays alive until a stop message is received so many
requests for many services will be written to the same file if they are all
sent to the same port.

The stop usage is <-p listen port> <-h host>
-p listen port    The port the monitor is listening on
-h host           The host the listener is running on

e.g. to run CalculatorDoc through the monitor
1) start the monitor by typing 'java -jar /some/where/monitor.jar -l 13260
-p 80 -h localhost -o /tmp/request.out -r /tmp/reponse.out',
    either in the background (&) or in a separate window
2) run the client CalculatorDoc http://localhost:13260/axis/Calculator
3) stop the monitor by typing 'java -cp /some/where/monitor.jar
org.apache.test.StopTCPMonitor -p 13260 -h localhost'

This will create 2 files in /tmp called request.out and repsonse.out.

Proper documentation coming soon.

Andrew Perry
IBM C/C++ Web Services Client
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote on 07/12/2004
09:49:18: