Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/29 21:24:22 UTC

Query multiple cores

Is it possible to query across multiple cores and combine the results?

If not available out-of-the-box could this be accomplished using some
sort of custom request handler?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Query multiple cores

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
You could use the different cores as "shards", the "Distributed Search"
stuff would work, even if it isn't really distributed on different machines.
The question is, do you really need this? Do you have the same schema on
both cores?

"Distributed search" is not exactly the same as "Solr Cloud", thus both
refer to distributing searches. "SolrCloud" uses Zookeeper to integrae and
coordinate different servers, very useful for clusters. You can read some
more of SolrCloud at the wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

Tomás

Re: Query multiple cores