Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jessica Tomechak <Je...@citrix.com> on 2012/05/16 02:14:20 UTC

Citrix CloudStack product vs. Apache CloudStack project technical documentation

Assuming that the next CloudStack release occurs simultaneously within the Citrix product family and in the Apache project, we will need to create both open-source and commercial versions of CloudStack Install Guides, Release Notes, etc. (see http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-14860).

The project and product have not yet diverged much, so we probably just change the product name, logo, and copyright statement. From discussions so far, it seems like the following will be used for the open-source project docs:

*         Apache CloudStack

*         Feather (and mascot<http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/CloudStack+mascot+proposals> if available)

*         CC-BY-SA

Please let us know if there are any comments about this approach.

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs

RE: Citrix CloudStack product vs. Apache CloudStack project technical documentation

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Thank you Jessica and Wido for triggering a conversation on CloudStack documentation.

I would like to add to what Jessica was discussing here.  We, documentation team, are inviting potential documentation contributors from the community.  What we are looking for is a couple of documentation enthusiasts who can diligently review our documentation for the Apache CloudStack project.  We can completely make use of the IRC facility for any discussions around documentation reviews. Probably, we can also plan regular Apache documentation project meeting over IRC.

What we can offer you back is a byline (credit line) for your contributions and a solid documentation for Apache CloudStack Documentation.

Let's hear your voice...

  Regards
-Radhika
  CloudStack Technical Publication