Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/22 22:51:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] JIRA Public Signup Disabled

Hi Folks,
Just driving the attention towards the recent change from Infra, which
disables new people from creating a Jira account, in order to prevent spams
around JIRA.
So, the new Jira account creation request needs to be routed via the PMC of
the project.
So, we have 2 options, which I can think of:
1. Update the contribution guidelines to route such requests to private@
2. Create a dedicated ML for it. A couple of projects which I know did that.

The Infra page: https://infra.apache.org/jira-guidelines.html

Let me know what folks think, if nothing, I will go with the 1st option and
update the contribution guidelines mostly by next week or a week after that.

-Ayuhs

Re: [DISCUSS] JIRA Public Signup Disabled

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
Thanx Mingliang Liu, Considering the traffic around private@ for new
accounts(surprisingly), I went ahead and updated our Contribution
Guidelines[1], If anyone feels I made a mistake in the content or it can
rephrased in a better way, feel free to change it or let me know.

In future if the traffic increases with such requests, we can obviously
come back here and discuss the 2nd option or any other possible options.

Thanx Everyone!!!

-Ayush

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/How+To+Contribute#HowToContribute-RequestingforaJiraaccount