Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 20:03:06 UTC

HCatLoader / HCatStorer use WebHCat?

I use CassandraStorage and HCatalog in my Pig analytics jobs and they are
using different versions of Thrift. I'm curious if the Pig load / store
funcs could use the WebHCat REST interface instead of Thrift?

Thanks.
Tim

Re: HCatLoader / HCatStorer use WebHCat?

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Ok - jarjar utility to the rescue for now then ... I'll open a feature
request in JIRA and am interested in working on this.

Cheers,
Tim

Posted by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com>.