Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hari Om <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/01 23:35:10 UTC

Apache Tomcat Context

I have my Apache 2.0.47 and Tomcat 4.1.x on different machines and using
MOD_JK to talk to each other.

My web server URL is khar.bazee.com and my Web Application name is namaste.
On my browser I type http://khar.bazee.com/namaste to access my application
and it works just great.

However, I would like to access "namaste" application by using only:
http://khar.bazee.com and NOT using http://khar.bazee.com/namaste

Can anyone give some hints/informaiton as to how to proceed in doing that?

THANKS!

HARI OM

RE: [users@httpd] apache with adsl connection on LAN

Posted by "H. Carter Harris" <ca...@technettn.net>.
I would like to help but I don't have enough information.

Are the other pc's connecting to the internet through a proxy or are you
running a router?  Where I am if you have a modem you only have one LAN side
ethernet connection and you have to have one gateway machine and the others
proxy through it.  If you have a router, you have several LAN side
connections and the pc's can connect directly through the router.

Are you running NAT on your ADSL device?  Is port 80, open on the server?
What do you get if you ping the ip address from outside your LAN?  What do
you get if you run ifconfig at a command prompt?

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Tomcat Context

Posted by NCC Support <su...@nccomp.com>.
Change your DocumentRoot? Or, for the Tomcat part, change the default
directory in your xml file. Also, you'll probably want to use mod_jk2
instead of mod_jk.

Hari Om wrote:

> I have my Apache 2.0.47 and Tomcat 4.1.x on different machines and using
> MOD_JK to talk to each other.
>
> My web server URL is khar.bazee.com and my Web Application name is namaste.
> On my browser I type http://khar.bazee.com/namaste to access my
> application and it works just great.
>
> However, I would like to access "namaste" application by using only:
> http://khar.bazee.com and NOT using http://khar.bazee.com/namaste
>
> Can anyone give some hints/informaiton as to how to proceed in doing that?
>
> THANKS!
>
> HARI OM

> Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE
> for 2 months!
> http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&pgmarket=en-us&ST=1/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

   North County Computers Support Dept.
   http://www.nccomp.com

     Email:     support@nccomp.com
     Toll Free: 877-735-4689

Re: Apache Tomcat Context

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:35:10PM +0000, Hari Om wrote:
: However, I would like to access "namaste" application by using only:
: http://khar.bazee.com and NOT using http://khar.bazee.com/namaste
:
: Can anyone give some hints/informaiton as to how to proceed in doing that?

2 hints:

1/ read up on contexts in the Tomcat docs.  Specifically, "root context"

	-or-

2/ play with mod_rewrite in Apache

-QM

--