Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/05 20:48:24 UTC

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Zipkin Dependencies (Incubating) version 2.2.0 Released

Hi,

Please note that this announcement does not meet requirements for release announcements.

For the next release, please create a downloads page for the release artifacts that includes https links to the mirror download site, the checksums and signatures. The download page also needs an https link to the KEYS file and instructions how to verify the release.

You might consider having a single download page that contains information about all of the components that you release separately.

http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-announcements

Regards,

Craig

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Raja Sundaram Ganesan <su...@gmail.com>
> Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Zipkin Dependencies (Incubating) version 2.2.0 Released
> Date: June 2, 2019 at 7:57:10 AM PDT
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
>
> Hello Community,
>
> The Apache Zipkin (incubating) team is pleased to announce that Zipkin
> Dependencies
> 2.2.0 has just been released.
>

> Apache Zipkin Dependencies (incubating) collects spans from storage, analyzes
> links between services, and stores them for later presentation in the web UI.
>
> This source includes an Apache Spark job. Storage options include MySQL, Apache
> Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
>
> The official source release[1] and convenience binaries for the
> dependencies job [2] are available now. If you have any usage questions, or
> have problems when upgrading or find any problems about enhancements
> included in this release, please don't hesitate to let us know by sending
> feedback to this mailing list. =====
>
> *Disclaimer*
>
> Apache Zipkin is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
> Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator. Incubation is required of all
> newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
> infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized
> in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation
> status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of
> the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
> the ASF.
>

> [1] https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/zipkin/zipkin-dependencies/2.2.0
> [2] https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.apache.zipkin.dependencies/zipkin-dependencies/2.2.0/jar

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Zipkin Dependencies (Incubating) version 2.2.0 Released

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Craig.

Up until now, we were under the impression that the website was an
issue to sort before graduation, not before first release of a repo.

As we have 9 repos to work on, we had deferred the site work until we
got through the repos we had, rather than on each task. This was
mainly a way to conserve energy. This is tracked and I am personally
working on it as this week we sent the release vote for the last.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin-website/issues/12

I think there is another thread on general somewhere about helping
folks, especially working with multiple repos, what is required before
graduation vs what is required before next release. Monorepos are
easy, so it might not be obvious why you would want to do split hairs
unless you have several repos.

-A