Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Adan Alper <ad...@qwilt.com> on 2017/01/24 08:40:47 UTC

astats counters

Hello,

First of all thanks for the previous replies they were very helpful.

We currently have a running cache that knows how to read remap rules from
traffic ops, acquire, deliver and export a stats file (currently with dummy
values) to traffic monitor.

My question is regarding some of the astat counters definitions.

What is the definition of the following counters:

1.       plugin.remap_stats.delivery-service-fqdn.in_bytes – What is the
definition of in_bytes? Bytes from client or from origin server?

2.       plugin.remap_stats.delivery-service-fqdn.out_bytes – What is the
definition of out_bytes? Bytes sent to client?

3.       plugin.remap_stats.delivery-service-fqdn.statusXXX – Does this
count the status sent to client or received by origin server?

4.       configReloadRequests, lastReloadRequest, configReloads – Do these
counters count ATS reloads or configuration updates? Are these counters
important for traffic monitor or just for debug?

5.       astatsLoad – Time astats file was last updated?

Thanks,

Adan

Re: astats counters

Posted by Jeff Elsloo <je...@gmail.com>.
One thing to note with astats is that all out_bytes and in_bytes stats
count only the response body, not the headers. Conversely, the ATS
logs on disk will count both the headers and the response body.
Jeff

Re: astats counters

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi Adan,