Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/07 13:46:37 UTC

How to statistic the network flow of the vm in cloudstack

 hi,all:
     I want to statistic the network flow sended and recived by vm.So I
want to know how to compute the network flow or traffic in cloudstack.
  (1)How can I statistic different traffic's flow?CloudStack network flow
is based on
network(physical network or virtual network) or  traffic(public or guest...)?
  (2)How
can i use table cloud_usage.usage_network?what is the mean of columes
bytes_sent,bytes_received,agg_bytes_received,agg_byyes_sent in this
table?can i use  these columes to count the traffic flow?
  thanks.

Re: How to statistic the network flow of the vm in cloudstack

Posted by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,nitin,It's helpful

Posted by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
  i have read this wiki。
  (1)According to this wiki,I think each line in table
cloud_usage.user_statistics is informations about a domR。so,i can compute
"current_bytes+net_bytes" of table cloud_usage.user_statistics to give
each  domR's network usage,is that right?please help me to affirm this。
  (2)there are three types of bytes in table cloud_usage.user_statistics。
    1)net_bytes_received net_bytes_send
    2)current_bytes_received current_bytes_sent
    3)agg_bytes_received agg_bytes_sent
  i know meanings of net_bytes and current_bytes according the wiki。And
what  is the meaning of agg_bytes。Is it useful for me to compute the
network flow?

Re: How to statistic the network flow of the vm in cloudstack