Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Phil H <gi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/15 23:09:04 UTC

Cloned processor not loading

Hi there,

I have a working processor, Tom, which I cloned to form a second processor,
Jerry. All occurrences of Tom in the code/XML were replaced with Jerry in
the clone. The build process works for Jerry fine, as do the unit tests.
However when I load the Jerry into the nifi extensions directory, it fails
to present in the UI.

In the startup process in the logs, I see similar output for Tom & Jerry in
the early stages (abbreviated due to transcription)

INFO [main] o.a.n.n.NarClassLoaders Loaded NAR file:
nifi/work/nar/extensions/nifi-Tom-nar-0.1-nar-unpacked as class loader
o.a.n.n.NarClassLoader[./work/nar/extensions/nifi-Tom-nar-0.1-nar-unpacked]
INFO [main] o.a.n.n.NarClassLoaders Loaded NAR file:
nifi/work/nar/extensions/nifi-Jerry-nar-0.1-nar-unpacked as class loader
o.a.n.n.NarClassLoader[./work/nar/extensions/nifi-Jerry-nar-0.1-nar-unpacked]

However later there is some additional output for Tom (and other
processors) that is not present for Jerry:

   com.mycompany.nifi.Tom.Tom
      com.mycompany:nifi-Tom-nar:0.1 ||
./work/nar/extensions/nifi-Tom-nar-0.1-nar-unpacked

Not seeing any other errors or references to Jerry in any other log files.
What am I missing??

TIA,
Phil

Re: Cloned processor not loading

Posted by Phil H <gi...@gmail.com>.
Thank Mark,

I’d used sed to replace references to Tom with Jerry, but it fails on lines
lacking a newline char. Had to fix some of the XMLs for this reason. I did
look at those Processor files and wonder why they only had a comment in
them, but failed to check them against the originals from Tom

Cheers,
Phil

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Phil,