Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jarek Skreta <Ja...@nesscomp.com> on 2000/10/06 16:31:31 UTC

JSP and Beans

Hello,

I am trying a simple application where JSP pages use a Bean. The JSP in
question uses jsp:UseBean action and then jsp:setProperty to pass some
parameters. When I use the setProperty action with property='*' then the I
am getting an exception when the Bean is called indicating a 'null pointer'.
If I set properties explicitly (property="name" valu="value") then I am
getting the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on property
'DbDriver' in a bean of type 'DbBean'

This all happens when I run the application from a browser with Tomcat (3.1)
running. If however, I run it from withing the development IDE (JDeveloper)
everything seems to be fine.

Anbody has an idea what to look for?

Thanks,

Jarek Skreta

mailto:JarekSkreta@nesscomp.com

RE: JSP and Beans

Posted by Jarek Skreta <Ja...@nesscomp.com>.
I think I am already doing this along those lines:

the properties in JSP (jsp:setProperty or request.getParameter()) and
methods inside the Bean are called DbDriver, DbURL whether the variables
inside the Bean are dbDriver and dbURL respectivly.

Jarek

> I am trying a simple application where JSP pages use a Bean. The JSP in
> question uses jsp:UseBean action and then jsp:setProperty to pass some
> parameters. When I use the setProperty action with property='*' then the I
> am getting an exception when the Bean is called indicating a 'null
pointer'.
> If I set properties explicitly (property="name" valu="value") then I am
> getting the following exception:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on property
> 'DbDriver' in a bean of type 'DbBean'
>
> This all happens when I run the application from a browser with Tomcat
(3.1)
> running. If however, I run it from withing the development IDE
(JDeveloper)
> everything seems to be fine.
>
> Anbody has an idea what to look for?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jarek Skreta

Sounds like a naming convention problem to me, is your variable
named DbDriver? if so, try changing it to dbDriver.

WBB

Re: JSP and Beans

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.