Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jon Steeves <Jo...@pmc-sierra.com> on 2003/10/15 20:59:51 UTC

special characters

Hello:

	I'm trying to print a special character for bullets, but everytime FOP encounters this statement, it halts with the message: "An invalid xml character (unicode: 0xb7) was found in the file."

         <fo:block text-align="start" font-weight="bold">
          &#183;
         </fo:block>

If I change the number to, say, &#42, all is well.

Can anyone tell me how to make &#183 into a valid character?

Cheers

Jon

Posted by Stefan Champailler <sc...@easynet.be>.
You're character is probably outside the encoding of your XML file. What's the
encoding of your file (it's set in the header : <?xml encoding='...'>