Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jerry Thome <je...@hewitt.com> on 2009/03/25 20:15:30 UTC

JSP Precompile and WebSphere

I have a project where we need to precompile JSPs.  I have followed the
instructions here:  http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html

We are servlet spec 2.4, JDK 1.5.  Works great.  Deploys and runs under my
local Tomcat without problems.

Under WebSphere however is where we encounter an issue.

SRVE0206E: This error typically implies that the servlet was originally
compiled with classes which cannot be located by the server.
SRVE0187E: Check your classpath to ensure that all classes required by the
servlet are present.SRVE0210I: This problem can be debugged by recompiling
the servlet using only the classes in the application's runtime classpath
SRVE0234I: Application classpath=[...]...

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me what file it is missing.  Right now, I'm
going down the route that the generated source is different than what
would have been generated by WebSphere.  I'm trying to get a generated JSP
from our dev server from a prior deployment now to compare

Generated from Maven2 project...
public final class error_jsp extends org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase
implements org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent

I'm suspecting I need to include a Jasper jar or somehow change what is
generated during the build process.

While I'm in limbo, just thought I would reach out and see if anyone else
encountered this situation before.

Thanks.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

Re: JSP Precompile and WebSphere

Posted by Robert Einsle <ro...@einsle.de>.
Hy Jerry,

this is my only war-Project in Workspace. I'ts the only maven-Project in
Workspace.

Robert

Posted by Jerry Thome <je...@hewitt.com>.
BTW, thanks for the info Martin.

To follow-up, we had to add a couple dependencies to the WAR in order for
the precompiled JSPs to work under WebSphere.  That's it.  The JSP
servlets generated from WebSphere were a bit different than what's
generated by our Maven2 project.  The source extends different classes.
Since our classes now extend org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase and not
IBM HttpJspBase classes, we had to add the jasper-runtime dependency...
and maybe 1 or  2 others.

So, not a big deal.  It makes sense, I just had to think through it.

Thanks.

"Martin Gainty" <mg...@hotmail.com>

03/25/2009 04:28 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
RE: JSP Precompile and WebSphere

Here is what I found for Websphere documentation for JSPCBuild.xml

/**************************WINDOWS***************************/
Windows: ant -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dear.path=%EAR_PATH%
-Dextract.dir=%EXTRACT_DIR%

Windows: ant jspc2 -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dapp.name=%APP_NAME%
-Dwebmodule.name=%MOD_NAME%

Windows: ant jspc3 -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dapp.name=%APP_NAME%
-Dwebmodule.name=%MOD_NAME% -Ddir.name=%DIR_NAME%

/********************************UNIX***************************/
Unix: ant -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME  -Dear.path=$EAR_PATH
-Dextract.dir=$EXTRACT_DIR

Unix: ant jspc2 -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME -Dapp.name=$APP_NAME
-Dwebmodule.name=$MOD_NAME

Unix: ant jspc3 -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME -Dapp.name=$APP_NAME
-Dwebmodule.name=$MOD_NAME -Ddir.name=$DIR_NAME

/*****JSPCBuild.xml from websphere displayed for your
edification**********/

<!-- JspCBuild.xml - sample build.xml for the public WebSphere Ant task
JspC.  JspC is included in        -->
<!-- WebSphere Application Server and is found in the jar wsanttasks.jar.
                              -->
<!-- JspC is an Ant front-end to the JSP Batch Compiler.  Descriptions of
the attributes can              -->
<!-- be found in the Information Center, and in the file
batchcompiler.properties.default which              -->
<!-- is found in {WAS_HOME}/bin.                                -->
<!--                                -->
<!-- JspC Attribute Equivalent Batch Compiler Parameter  -->
<!-- ============== ===================================  -->
<!-- earPath -ear.path                            -->
<!-- warPath -war.path                            -->
<!-- src                                -->
<!--     Same as warPath, for backward compatibility -war.path     -->
<!-- enterpriseAppName -enterpriseapp.name                  -->
<!-- responseFile -response.file                       -->
<!-- webmoduleName -webmodule.name                      -->
<!-- fileName -filename                            -->
<!-- configRoot -config.root                         -->
<!-- cellName -cell.name                           -->
<!-- nodeName -node.name                           -->
<!-- serverName -server.name                         -->
<!-- extractToDir -extractToDir                        -->
<!-- compileToDir -compileToDir                        -->
<!-- toDir                                -->
<!--     same as compileToDir, for backward compatibility -compileToDir
              -->
<!-- compileToWebInf -compileToWebInf                     -->
<!-- jspCompileClasspath -jspCompileClasspath                 -->
<!-- compilerOptions -compilerOptions                     -->
<!-- recurse -recurse                             -->
<!-- removeTempDir -removeTempDir                       -->
<!-- translate -translate                           -->
<!-- compile -compile                             -->
<!-- forceCompilation -forceCompilation                    -->
<!-- useFullPackageNames -useFullPackageNames                 -->
<!-- trackDependencies -trackDependencies                   -->
<!-- createDebugClassfiles -createDebugClassfiles               -->
<!-- keepgenerated -keepgenerated                       -->
<!-- keepGeneratedclassfiles -keepGeneratedclassfiles             -->
<!-- usePageTagPool -usePageTagPool                      -->
<!-- useThreadTagPool -useThreadTagPool                    -->
<!-- classloaderParentFirst -classloader.parentFirst             -->
<!-- classloaderSingleWarClassloader -classloader.singleWarClassloader -->
<!-- additionalClasspath -additional.classpath                -->
<!-- classpath                                -->
<!--     same as additionalClasspath, for backward compatibility
-additional.classpath                -->
<!-- verbose -verbose                             -->
<!-- deprecation -deprecation                         -->
<!-- javaEncoding -javaEncoding                        -->
<!-- compileWithAssert -compileWithAssert                   -->
<!-- useJikes -useJikes                            -->
<!-- jspFileExtensions -jsp.file.extensions                 -->
<!-- logLevel -log.level                           -->
<!-- wasHome                                                         none
                              -->
<!-- classpathref                                                    none
                              -->
<!--                                -->
<!-- Below is an example of a build script with multiple targets, each
with different attributes.         -->
<!-- The following commands can be used to execute the script:    -->
<!--     on Windows: ant -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dear.path=%EAR_PATH%
-Dextract.dir=%EXTRACT_DIR%          -->
<!--                 ant jspc2 -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dapp.name=%APP_NAME%
-Dwebmodule.name=%MOD_NAME%    -->
<!--                 ant jspc3 -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dapp.name=%APP_NAME%
-Dwebmodule.name=%MOD_NAME% -Ddir.name=%DIR_NAME%   -->
<!--     on Unix:    ant -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME  -Dear.path=$EAR_PATH
-Dextract.dir=$EXTRACT_DIR           -->
<!--                 ant jspc2 -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME -Dapp.name=$APP_NAME
-Dwebmodule.name=$MOD_NAME       -->
<!--                 ant jspc3 -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME -Dapp.name=$APP_NAME
-Dwebmodule.name=$MOD_NAME -Ddir.name=$DIR_NAME   -->

<project name="JSP Precompile" default="jspc1" basedir=".">
    <taskdef name="wsjspc" classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.JspC"/>
    <target name="jspc1" description="example using  a path to an EAR, and
extracting the EAR to a directory">
        <wsjspc wasHome="${was.home}"
            earpath="${ear.path}"
            forcecompilation="true"
            extractToDir="${extract.dir}"
            useThreadTagPool="true"
            keepgenerated="true"
            jspCompileClasspath=""

        />
    </target>
    <target name="jspc2" description="example using an enterprise app and
webmodule">
        <wsjspc wasHome="${was.home}"
            enterpriseAppName="${app.name}"
            webmoduleName="${webmodule.name}"
            removeTempDir="true"
            forcecompilation="true"
            keepgenerated="true"
            jspCompileClasspath=""

        />
    </target>
    <target name="jspc3" description="example using an enterprise app,
webmodule and specific directory">
        <wsjspc wasHome="${was.home}"
            enterpriseAppName="${app.name}"
            webmoduleName="${webmodule.name}"
            fileName="${dir.name}"
            recurse="false"
            forcecompilation="true"
            keepgenerated="true"
            jspCompileClasspath=""

        />
    </target>
</project>

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any
unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message
serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally
binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation,
we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: JSP Precompile and WebSphere
> From: jerry.thome@hewitt.com
> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:15:30 -0500
>
> I have a project where we need to precompile JSPs.  I have followed the
> instructions here:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html

> We are servlet spec 2.4, JDK 1.5.  Works great.  Deploys and runs under
my
> local Tomcat without problems.
>
> Under WebSphere however is where we encounter an issue.
>
> SRVE0206E: This error typically implies that the servlet was originally
> compiled with classes which cannot be located by the server.
> SRVE0187E: Check your classpath to ensure that all classes required by
the
> servlet are present.SRVE0210I: This problem can be debugged by
recompiling
> the servlet using only the classes in the application's runtime
classpath
> SRVE0234I: Application classpath=[...]...
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me what file it is missing.  Right now,
I'm
> going down the route that the generated source is different than what
> would have been generated by WebSphere.  I'm trying to get a generated
JSP
> from our dev server from a prior deployment now to compare
>
> Generated from Maven2 project...
> public final class error_jsp extends
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase
> implements org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent
>
> I'm suspecting I need to include a Jasper jar or somehow change what is
> generated during the build process.
>
> While I'm in limbo, just thought I would reach out and see if anyone
else
> encountered this situation before.
>
> Thanks.
>

> The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are
deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Here is what I found for Websphere documentation for JSPCBuild.xml

/**************************WINDOWS***************************/
Windows: ant -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dear.path=%EAR_PATH% -Dextract.dir=%EXTRACT_DIR%

Windows: ant jspc2 -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dapp.name=%APP_NAME% -Dwebmodule.name=%MOD_NAME%

Windows: ant jspc3 -Dwas.home=%WAS_HOME% -Dapp.name=%APP_NAME% -Dwebmodule.name=%MOD_NAME% -Ddir.name=%DIR_NAME%

/********************************UNIX***************************/
Unix: ant -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME  -Dear.path=$EAR_PATH  -Dextract.dir=$EXTRACT_DIR

Unix: ant jspc2 -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME -Dapp.name=$APP_NAME -Dwebmodule.name=$MOD_NAME

Unix: ant jspc3 -Dwas.home=$WAS_HOME -Dapp.name=$APP_NAME -Dwebmodule.name=$MOD_NAME -Ddir.name=$DIR_NAME

/*****JSPCBuild.xml from websphere displayed for your edification**********/

<!-- JspCBuild.xml - sample build.xml for the public WebSphere Ant task JspC.  JspC is included in        -->
<!-- WebSphere Application Server and is found in the jar wsanttasks.jar.                                 -->
<!-- JspC is an Ant front-end to the JSP Batch Compiler.  Descriptions of the attributes can              -->
<!-- be found in the Information Center, and in the file batchcompiler.properties.default which              -->
<!-- is found in {WAS_HOME}/bin.                                                                          -->
<!-- JspC Attribute                                                  Equivalent Batch Compiler Parameter  -->