Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/03 04:51:58 UTC

Packaging Expat parser lib with 1.4?

Hi All,
   Are we going to package Expat parser based XML parser lib with 1.4?
Thanks,
Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Packaging Expat parser lib with 1.4?

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
We are not, or are we?

sanjaya.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Sanjiva,

--- Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Has someone taken on the gravedigger role? The graveyard won't
> be ready until then!

I suppose I have taken it up.

> ;-)
>
> BTW, if Axis C++ v1.4 will not support expat that needs to be made
> VERY clear in the release notes along with an explanation of why.
> There *will* be users who are depending on that and who *will*
> be pissed.

Absolutely!
We did not move it to graveyard yet for 1.4 alpha.

> I must've missed this decision. Since the parser is abstracted
> is there any reason other than "we didn't have time" for not including
> expat support?

The main reason is that there are couple of major issues reported in Jira that has not been
resolved. Xerces based lib does not have those problems.
Unless we fix them, users will continue to experiance the problems. Hence the decision to remove
Expat was to encourage the use of Xerces, which is more stable at the moment.

Thanks,
Samisa...

http://my.yahoo.com

Re: Packaging Expat parser lib with 1.4?

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Since we are "going" to move it to the grave yard and since we tested only
with Xerces we will only package Xerces with 1.4.

sanjaya.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.